Monday, September 04, 2006

Let Down

The Ugly

I've been doing a lot of window shopping lately at the mall, and it's always interesting to note what the stores are doing for fall. What caught my eye the most was the Gap, and, more specifically, their blatant misuse of Audrey Hepburn's face (and body).

Sure, Audrey looks great in "the skinny pant", but will the average mall-rat know that the pants she's wearing in that poster were designed and made by Givenchy, not by the Gap? Not only is this latest attempt to appeal to the younger generation revolting, their earlier ads were just as bad. Since when was the Gap obsessed with trends? Audrey would be very disappointed. Boycott, I say. (Besides, I went into the Gap and the clothes don't look even half as good as they do online)

The Bad

Old Navy (owned by the Gap, incidently) is doing the whole tacky " get your fash'on" thing, which is just as vomit-inducing as their earlier ads. However, this time, I'm not impressed with the clothes either. Old Navy has been great for the past few seasons, but their fall collection is just only kind of so-so.


The Good

Zara has some AMAZING coats this season. My mouth actually watered at the sight of them (my eyes watered as well when I realized I could not afford any of them, even though they are quite "affordable" (i am just quite impoverished)) Also amazing are their flats, even though they show a little bit too much toe-cleavage for my liking, and their skirts. The sweaters, shirts, and pants? Meh.

No comments: